Known as a powerful antispasmodic, this oil can be used in case of anxiety or insomnia. Anti-inflammatory and muscular relaxant, it can as well be used against cramps or spasms. This is also a great fragrance for the house. WARNING : These virtues, indications and instructions are issued from reference works or websites related to aromatherapy and herbal medicine. They are regularly found and for many confirmed by scientific observations. However, this information is given as informative title and does not constitute any medical information at all. For any use of essential oils in a therapeutic way, consult a doctor.
- Common name : Grosso lavandin
- Latin name : Lavandula hybrida
- Distilled part : Flowery leading head
- Origin : France – The Valensole Plateau (Alpes de Haute Provence)
- Wardrobe: on the sheets, towelsand and tablecloth. On a natural sponge, droped in a saucer need the clothes, the lavender essential oil is an excellent repulsive against moths and other bugs.
- Rooms and relaxation places: on mattresses and pillows to appease and contribute to a good resting moment.
- Living rooms: under the couch seats and armchairs, and on the curtains hems.
- Washing machine: impregnate the wash nuts.
- Vacuum: on the filter and the dust receptacle on the lightbulb: the heat will free a pleasant smell.
- Wash water for the ground: one spray is enough to bring a delicate smell.
- Powerful antispasmodic
- Muscular relaxant
- Anti depressive
- Cutaneous regenerator
- Dermal application (bath, cold pad, massage) : burn, cramp, allergic or infectious dermatosis, razor burn, insomnia, skin irritation, migraine, bug bite, wound, physical and mental care of athletes, sleep disorder, nervous disorder.
- Respiratory tracts (diffusion, inhalation, olfaction) : Anxiety, mental depression, insomnia, nervousness, physical and mental care of athletes, stress, nervous disorder, sleep disorder.
Directions for use
Before taking the decision of applying an essential oil on the skin, it is necessary to inquire about their properties. The Lavandin and lavender essential oil are denuded of toxicity but others may be very irritating for the skin.
- Burn, infectious or allergic dermatosis, razor burn, skin irritation, bug bite, wound : diluted to vegetable oil and apply on the treatment area;
- Cramp, muscular contraction : diluted to vegetable oil and rub on the painful zone.
- Mental depression, migraine, nervousness, physical and mental care of athletes, stress, nervous disorder, sleep disorder : diluted to a neutral base and add to bath water.
- Anxiety, insomnia : diluted to a vegetable oil to mass the solar plexus.
- Skin irritation : diluted to vegetable oil and apply on the treatment area.
This oil must neither be used during the first months of pregnancy nor for children under 6 years old.
- Not recommended for people facing epilepsy.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Some natural compounds in this essential oil can present a risk of allergy to certain people.
Acétate de Linalyle 30 à 35 % Linalol 25 à 30 % Cinéol 5 à 10 %